My first trip to abroad was full of unexpected experiences. I hadn’t explored much as I was not
so experienced, and I made a lot of travel mistakes. If I could talk to my younger self before my first trip abroad, here’s what I would advise my younger self:
- Don’t be scared to explore and try new things.
- Pack light – pack only the essentials, and not the “just-in-case” scenario stuff.
- Meet new people and make friends.
- Don’t stress when things don’t go the way you expect, just go with the flow.
- Trust your instincts. Following your intuition will keep you safe.
- Learn the local language. It will help you in communicating with and understanding the locals.
- It is okay to leave your comfort zone and experience the changes.